Meetings run BY Parents and Carers FOR Parents and Carers to develop Communication with the School
Our Family Forum is…
- a group led and run by parents, for parents
- a group that can advise the school on parental views
- a forum through which the school can consult parents
- a place for parents to learn more about the school
- a place for the school to learn more about parents
Our Family Forum is not…
- a body that makes decisions for the school
- a replacement for the governing body, FOSS or the School Council
- a forum for discussions about individual teachers, pupils or parents
At the first meeting to set up the Family Forum, the following was decided:
- All parents and carers are welcome to any meeting, including members of a child’s wider family who have a part to play in caring for them, such as grandparents.
- Meetings will be held three to six times per year; once or twice every short term. The times and dates for meetings will be put on to the school calendar.
- Each meeting will be chaired by a parent who volunteers at the previous meeting. A member of school staff will be present.
- The items for discussion will be partly generated by the school – there may be issues that the school would like parents’ views on – and partly from parents and carers via a suggestions/comments box.
- The items for discussion will be communicated via a newsletter prior to the Family Forum meeting.
If you would like further information, contact the Family Forum through the school office.