Primary School Sports Premium Funding
In July 2016 the Government announced that funding for physical education (PE) and sport for 2016/17 will remain at the same level as last year. This funding must continue to be used to improve the quality and breadth of PE and sports provision.
Southfield Primary Academy will receive £8000 plus £5 per child this academic year and this totals £9,160.
Schools are free to determine how best to use this funding to improve the quality and breadth of PE and sports provision, including increasing participation in PE and sport so that all pupils develop healthier lifestyles.
We are using the Sports Premium funding to achieve the following:
- Improve the quality of PE teaching across the school through real PE and real Gym
- Make new links with local sports clubs to introduce new activities
- Achieve the Sainsbury’s Gold Sports Mark through increased participation in the School Games
- Run a Change4Life Sports Club
- Provide further sporting opportunities that have been identified by the children to increase participation in PE and sports
- PE Consultant to work alongside the Senior Leadership Team and PE Coordinator to oversee and support staff development in the teaching of PE and monitor the impact of the PE Development Plan.
See more detail on our funding and outcomes: Funding and Ouctomes 2016/2017.
In the academic year 2015-2016, we recieved £9065, the funding was spent on:
Real PE and Real Gym resources and staff training
Gym equipment on the playground
PE Consultancy to develop: Annual action plans, curriculum maps, planning, assessment, resources, sponsorship, competitions, PE Leadership development and Sainsbury’s Sports Mark. (We achieved the Silver Mark)
BALP membership and afPE membership
Attendance at competitions
Southfield Primary Academy – Our Vision for PE
Our ethos at Southfield combines physical learning, health and cognitive thinking across all key stages. We believe that PE and sport play a key role in personal development and that every child should be provided with opportunities to participate in a wide range of sporting and physical activity.
We aim to empower pupils with the knowledge, values, skills and personal qualities to be confident and keen to take part in sport and physical activities.
We believe that PE is unique in its ability to develop the ‘whole’ person.
We value high quality PE lessons and the extended curriculum opportunities where our students’ physical and social development, fun and health are enhanced and promoted.
This year, our aim is to continue to improve the quality and breadth of PE and sports provision across the school so all pupils develop healthier lifestyles and attitudes.